Online versus In person shopping can offer the consumer a variety of choices.
Online Vs. Shopping In Person
Daniela Beltran, Writer • May 1, 2024
Seniors Valentina Gonzalez,Isabella Brand, Antonella Velasquez, Mia Mena, Daniela Quirós, Miranda Dunbar, and Megan Dominguez pose for pictures before prom begins.
A Night to Remember
Antonella Velasquez, Editor-in-Chief • April 29, 2024
Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024

ILS Winter Sports Officially In Season

ILS Sailing Team competes at Regatta.
Nick Fernandez
ILS Sailing Team competes at Regatta.

Fall sports are just about done with cross country finishing.  A lot of opportunities to come check out some winter sports like basketball and soccer on campus as their seasons begin to pick up this week.

XC: The XC teams participated at the regional championships, and put-up excellent results to finish a strong season. The girls were led by senior Mariam Osman who finished 43rd out of 115 runners with a time of 21:32 and junior Ariana Armas who finished 59th with a personal best time of 22:29. Every runner on the team finished with either a personal best or season best time and will look to keep the momentum going heading into next season.

The boys were led by senior Emmanuel Roca who finished 16th out of 119 runners with a time of 17:22. Freshman Nicolas Cabezon finished 76th with a personal best time of 19:29! Roca will look to keep the momentum going at Tallahassee as he qualified individually to compete in the state final! The boys worked hard to put forth the most successful boy’s cross-country season in recent memory. They too will look forward to next season and build off their momentum and hard work they established this season!

SWIMMING: Lucas Young received this honor which recognizes athletes in grades 9-12 who maintained a minimum 3.5 GPA and meet any of the competition criteria during the qualifying period of September 1, 2022-August 31, 2023.Only 130 Freshmen nationwide received this award. Lucas was the only male freshman from Florida Gulf Coast LSC

https://www.usaswimming.org/news/2023/10/30/usa-swimming-announces-2022-23-scholastic-all-america-team

Upcoming Sports Schedule

Boys Varsity basketball kicks its preseason classic at the Belen high school. 7:30PM

Boys Varsity soccer travels to St. Brendan for a 5PM match.

Girls JV & Varsity soccer hosts Ransom for a 3:30/5:30PM match.

Boys Basketball second preseason game at Belen 6PM.

Boys JV and Varsity soccer goes up against Gulliver Prep at FIU stadium for a 5/7PM match.

XC Runner who qualified for states leave for Tallahassee in the morning. Will miss Thursday and Friday. (Emmanuel Roca)

XC runner Emmanuel Roca competes at the state championship race.

GO ROYALS!

$0
$500