How Does AI Benefit Students?

Part 2 of 4
Amelia Terry finds her way using AI to help increase her knowledge.
Daniela Beltran

With the new AI policy recently launched at ILS, many students found a way to better enhance their knowledge. AI is a tool used to help guide those students who may need a bit more assistance becaus AI can explain the topic in a different format by going deep into a specific area and straight to the point. 

AI is a known source of information that students can easily access since it is always available anytime for learners. Students have access to resources such as research papers, study materials, and all they need to know. AI tutors and learning assistants can guide students in comprehending complex topics, explaining them in detail and answering questions right away. Besides that, AI has the ability to generate individualized study plans and tips according to students’ learning styles and progress. This makes the process of learning more efficient and effective. 

“I use AI all the time. It is really the only way I could actually understand what I am learning since I’m more of a visual learner. Without AI, I think I would be failing almost every class. I learn more when using AI because it goes more in depth of the topic and gives you more detailed information,” said senior Nicholas Dominguez. 

“I come to AI when I struggle with trying to understand a topic. I use AI to get more information on a topic and go more into depth on what the topic is mainly about. A lot may say that AI just gives answers and does not educate, but they’d be wrong because AI has shown me more than I need to know and has taught me many new things,” said junior Amelie Terry.

AI helps many students learn things they don’t know about given that about 54% of students today use AI to help them fully understand their work. AI helps students track their progress and it can show improvement. AI is a source that is open to everyone 24 hours, giving you fast feedback and can even provide you with sources and quotes. 

“I have nothing bad to say about AI. It’s available for any use and capable of teaching you more improved things. I usually use AI whenever I’m done with an assignment to see if it provides me with new information I didn’t know,” said senior Emilie Reyes. 

AI brings vast rewards to students’ lives. It makes processes faster, automates repetitive functions, and boosts accuracy. AI’s talent to customize consumers’ experience and provide them with meaningful insights is the reason why it is utilized as a useful instrument across various industries. Of course, problems do exist, like ethical concerns. However, in general, AI has a positive impact in helping society live in a more efficient and effective way.

$0
$500