The Student News Site of Immaculata-La Salle High School

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Online versus In person shopping can offer the consumer a variety of choices.
Online Vs. Shopping In Person
Daniela Beltran, Writer • May 1, 2024
Seniors Valentina Gonzalez,Isabella Brand, Antonella Velasquez, Mia Mena, Daniela Quirós, Miranda Dunbar, and Megan Dominguez pose for pictures before prom begins.
A Night to Remember
Antonella Velasquez, Editor-in-Chief • April 29, 2024
Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024

Senior Wisdom: Key Lessons for High School Success

Tips on Organization, Participation, and Time Management to Excel in High School
Jasmine Rassi
Senior Lucia Salazar stays on task by using her iPad not only to complete her work, but also as a calendar to keep track of her assignments.

As I progress through high school, and am I senior about to graduate, here are some key lessons I’ve learned that I wish I had known earlier:

Stay Organized

Use a planner or digital tools like Notability to keep track of assignments and tests. Being organized helps prevent tasks from slipping through the cracks.

“I’ve used a planner since freshman year and I still continue to use one. It just helps me stay organized and remember everything I need to do or have coming up,” said senior Delfina Pellegrini.

Break Down Tasks

Avoid procrastination by breaking larger assignments into smaller, manageable tasks. Tackling them gradually reduces stress and prevents late submissions.

Participate Actively

High school flies by quickly, so don’t hesitate to engage in class activities and discussions. Active participation not only helps your learning but also impacts your grades.

“One thing that I wish I did more, was involve myself in the class discussions. I’ve gotten so many bad grades because I was too scared or nervous in the beginning to participate, but now I love talking in class discussions,” said senior Nickolas Wallen.

Seek Help When Needed

Don’t be afraid to ask questions or request extra help from teachers or students. They’re there to support you, and seeking assistance shows the teacher maturity and a commitment to learning.

Master Time Management

Effective time management is essential. Prioritize tasks based on urgency and importance, and strive for balance in your schedule to avoid burnout.

“There have been so many times that I’ve gotten either too tired or burnout from working too much. It’s really easy to be able to get lost in your work and not take any breaks. Take breaks but not too many for too long,” said senior Andrea Celada.

Establish a Routine

Create a routine that incorporates study time, activities, exercise, and socializing. Maintaining this balance promotes overall well-being and productivity.

Identify Your Learning Style

Discover how you learn best—whether through hands-on experiences, visual aids, or other methods. Understanding your learning style enhances your study strategies and academic performance.

Utilize Support Programs

Take advantage of tutoring programs or resources, such as MathLab, to strengthen your understanding of challenging subjects.

MathLab has helped me a lot. It’s so fun getting helped by someone my own age because it makes me feel more comfortable to ask more questions.

— Andrea Garza

Remember, procrastination only adds unnecessary stress. Stay focused, maintain a positive mindset, and best of luck to all of my under-classmen on your academic journey!

$0
$500