Categories:

Placement Season at ILS is Important

Sharpen your pencils for testing season is underway at ILS.
Getty_Images/PeopleImages.
Sharpen your pencils for testing season is underway at ILS. Getty_Images/PeopleImages.
Getty Images

As the 2023-2024 school year draws to a close, excitement builds for incoming freshmen as they finally take their high school placement exams. These exams, taken after the entrance exam and acceptance, serve as a crucial step in placing students in classes that fit their skill levels while ensuring they are challenged and supported in their academic journey. By assessing their skills in several core subjects like math, English, and science, the exams determine their placement in appropriate levels, such as Standard, Regular, Honors, or Advanced Placement (AP). 

This strategic placement process is spearheaded by the dedicated team of school counselors, consisting of Ms. Irene Cocina, Ms. Laura Moya, Ms. Carmen Hoyos, and Ms. Marcela Aguilar. These counselors diligently collaborate with teachers and administrators. Beginning in February, they meticulously review student records and exam results to create personalized placements that cater to each student. The dedication of this team of school counselors, working tirelessly to ensure each student is placed in the most suitable academic environment, sets a substantial foundation for forthcoming success. By tailoring placements to the individual strengths and needs of each student, Immaculata-La Salle High School fosters an environment where students can flourish and attain their maximum potential.

This commitment to individualized learning extends beyond incoming freshmen. In March, the focus shifts towards current students. Counselors hold informative meetings to guide them through crucial decisions like elective course selection, navigate the placement process, and equip them with the knowledge and tools needed to excel on their college admissions journey. These meetings guarantee that students will be taking classes they not only enjoy but also are guaranteed to learn from, providing an increase of academic skill sets for each student.

The placement process, though overlooked by many, is paramount to a student’s triumph and contentment throughout their academic career. The first step towards success, the placement exam marks the beginning of a student’s journey towards academic achievement and personal growth.

If you have any questions regarding placement, be sure to reach out to your class guidance counselor.

$45
$500