Walk with Me Club hosts Christmas Friendship Fiesta

Walk+with+Me%21+came+together+to+make+bracelets+for+local+special+needs+students.++

Walk with Me! came together to make bracelets for local special needs students.

Noor Andre, Writer

On December 10th, Walk With Me! hosted an event after school called Christmas Friendship Fiesta. Club members got together and made bracelets for students at Miami Learning Experience, a special needs school, as Christmas gifts. 

The bracelets are going to the 40 high school students at MLE. The executive board of the club decided to do this to show the students at MLE that the members of Walk With Me! at ILS are their friends and care about them. 

They specifically decided to make bracelets because it would be a fun activity that could allow members of the club to not only get to know each other more but also be able to form a personal connection to a high schooler at MLE.

The founder/president of the club Camila, Mendoza said: “We decided to make Christmas bracelets not only because of the holiday theme of service but also because it was an easy but also heartfelt task that many people would be able to do.” 

Walk With Me! is a new club this year that works hand in hand with a Miami special needs school called the Miami Learning Experience. If you are interested in joining this club, contact Camila Mendoza at 1009859@ilsstudent.com.