Categories:

Mr. Tobitt Brings His Passion for Educating to ILS

New Teachers: Part 2
Mr. Wesley Tobitt is new to ILS, currently teaching Personal Finance.
Brecelis Valdes

Mr. Wesley Tobitt is new to the teachers’ staff at ILS, but not new to teaching. His 12 years of experience were inspired by his passion for helping others and goals to impact as many people as possible. Currently, he is the Personal Finance teacher where he has found his outlet by providing tools and skills to students which he believes will be beneficial for their future endeavors.

“This would be my second year teaching high school. Previously, I taught middle school. My favorite grade was 7th grade as I did it for many years. Right now, I am finding that I enjoy juniors and seniors,” he shared.

Additionally, prior to settling in Miami, Mr. Tobitt has lived in a variety of places with a wide range of environments and diverse experiences.

“I have lived in Nashville, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, Sarasota, Reston, VA, and Richmond, VA,” he said.

Of all these cities, Miami has been his favorite place to reside. It appears Mr. Tobitt is drawn to the city, water, and atmosphere of ILS’s home town.

Despite not having taught at a religious private school before, Mr. Tobitt doesn’t feel lost in the spiritual atmosphere, adjusting quickly to the community on campus.

“I think there was a small adjustment at first, but now almost wrapping up the first quarter, I feel like I couldn’t have found a better school to be at in Miami,” he said.

To seniors about to enter the “real world,” he advises having a financial plan that focuses on your aspirations and goals for the future.

“Build good solid habits around your goals by focusing on savings, living within your means, and stay up to date on current events that can impact your life,” he shared.

Outside of school, Mr. Tobitt has some interesting traits about him: he is an avid foodie, a huge Tennessee Vols fan, and a lover of music. He is constantly in the search for a restaurant with good food, and thoroughly enjoys attending shows, concerts, and festivals.

As the year progresses stop by to say “Hi!” to ILS’s new teacher. You never know that one day while you are out and about, you might see him at the latest concert in downtown Miami.

$70
$500