New Year’s Resolutions for 2020

Magdalena Bolinaga, Writer

Every new year comes with resolutions and promises that people make to themselves in order to improve in any way they can. This includes our ILS students who want to start the year off with a good mindset and goals. 

A New Year’s resolution is a tradition in which a person resolves to better themselves as a person by continuing good practices, changing behavior, or accomplish a goal.

Some of the most common 2020 resolutions are getting fit, eating healthy, being less stressed, learning something new, and volunteering. 

In ILS some of the students have similar goals for this year as well.

Horacio Rodríguez, a member of the class of 2020, said, “I want to be a better person, help people in need, and carry the soccer team to finals.”

When he was asked if he will achieve his goals he said, “Yes, I do believe I will achieve them, but this is my first year doing resolutions.”

Another student in our campus also had some aspirations for this year. 

Carolina De Nuñez, another member of the class of 2020, said, “My New Year’s resolutions this year is to try to be happy with everything that is around be by embracing the good and the bad. Also to eat healthy and be less judge mental towards people because we are all human.”

Carolina also said that she believed New Years resolutions are usually something that is popular during the new year, but few people seem to follow through.

Overall the people who spoke about their goals for 2020 all hope to do things to better themselves and be happy this year. 

New Years resolutions are very common among people around the world, and even though some people don’t get to achieve their goals at least they start off the new year with a positive mentality.