Super Kids-Super Sharing day coming to ILS!

The+Super+Kids-Super+Sharing+charity+event+is+done+as+part+of+the+Super+Bowl+festivities.++

The Super Kids-Super Sharing charity event is done as part of the Super Bowl festivities.

Bianca Sanz, Writer

ILS has decided to participate in Super Kids-Super Sharing day in recognition with the Super Bowl coming to Miami in February. The ILS students have been given an opportunity to give back to those in need.

Super Kids-Super Sharing has been implemented in every Super Bowl host community for the last 21 years. More than 100 schools from throughout Miami-Dade and Broward counties are participating in Super Kids-Super Sharing as donors or recipients. Over the years, this popular Super Bowl community initiative has collected hundreds of thousands of books, pieces of sports equipment and school supplies to help local children in need.

Every city that has hosted the Super Bowl has done a super kids tradition. This began so that the communities would participate in helping underprivileged kids around their area. They collect many things such as books, school supplies, sports equipment, and games.

This year it’s going to be hosted by Saint Thomas University. Athletic director Nick Fernandez and six ILS seniors are helping at Saint Thomas on the 16th of January to give as much of these different supplies and equipment as needed.

“The goal is really just to get as much as we can, you know the more that we can give the better. We come from a very privileged school and we have a lot of people that are willing to donate, which is amazing that we can help these kids that don’t have the same opportunities that we have,” said athletic director Nick Fernandez.

La salle student are expected to bring in the supplies by the 14th of January. Also, every item that is turned in will be exchanged for one service hour!

On Wednesday, January 15th, ILS will be having our own Super Kids Super Sharing Day. We will be having our Winter Sports Pep Rally, some football related activities, a tailgate themed lunch, and we will be dismissed by noon.

So again, please bring in items so we can reach our goal to help the kids in need!