On-campus College Visits

Camilla Diez, Writer

On Friday February 28, juniors and seniors had the opportunity to talk to representatives from Belmont University and Florida Polytechnic University. 

Students were able to understand these colleges requirements in order to apply and successfully be accepted. This is a great opportunity for juniors and seniors who will start or already have started the application process. Students are told what will help them stand out in the pool of applications, which will help them in the near future.

During this year, there have been many on-campus college visits for juniors and seniors. This gives them the opportunity to speak to representatives from those colleges. 

There are three more on-campus visits and students are encouraged to go to learn about the application process and what schools look for in students who are applying.

On March 10th, Barry University and IE University will be visiting ILS. Then, on March 12th, Miami Dade College will be visiting. ILS students who are interested in attending these college visits need to sign up via Naviance.

In addition to the on-campus visits, ILS students can also attend some of the off-campus college presentations taking place. Earlier in February, an email from the Guidance department at ILS announced a local college tour that’s visiting Miami in April.

Admissions counselors from five prestigious schools will be in Miami on April 30th. Brown University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Rice University, and University of Chicago will all take part in a presentation where student can learn about exceptional college opportunities and finding their perfect fit. Admissions counselors will discuss academics, the admissions process at selective, financial aid, and campus life.

To learn more and RSVP, students were told to visit: exploringeducationalexcellence.org

Students are encouraged to go by their guidance counselors as it is a great opportunity to learn more about the colleges themselves as well as the whole application process.