Coronavirus Updates on AP and SAT/ACT Tests

Magdalena Bolinaga, Writer

Due to the coronavirus, College Board is trying to limit contact between students as much as possible. 

The SAT tests are essential for the college process and right now juniors at ILS have been preparing to present for the May 2nd exam. College Board, however, came out with a statement later indicating that they were going to cancel the test until further notice. 

The ACT has also taken action by postponing their April 4th exam to June 13. They will soon send an email to the students who registered for the exam with all the details and instructions necessary to be able to take the test in June. 

It seems that both the College Board and the ACT are counting on the virus to be better by June because the SAT has not yet cancelled their June 6th test, and the ACT has rescheduled their test for June as well. 

These standardized tests are an important part of the college process because many colleges ask for scores. With the coronavirus students will have a hard time scheduling their next test as the situation worsens. 

Luckily the College Board stated, “We’ll be as flexible as possible to give students the best chance to show their skills and stay on the path to college.” Hopefully it won’t be to difficult for students to get back on the SAT or ACT tests.

AP tests have also been affected by the coronavirus. They haven’t cancelled their tests in May 11-22, hoping that the situation gets better. These AP exams test students on college-level courses, so students spend a lot of time preparing since they also get college credit.