Advice for Juniors from a Graduating Senior

Sebastian Wolfe, Writer

As the 2019-2020 school year comes to an end, the juniors are going to make a big transition into becoming the leaders of the school and pick up where the seniors left off.

Everyone always says Junior year is the hardest year of high school and as of now they’ve been right and many seniors agree with that. However, senior year brings its own stress such as applying for college and the deadly illness known as senioritis. 

College applications are the most important part of your senior year. I would highly recommend meeting with your guidance counselor and or anyone who could give you advice on where to apply. Try to apply early because if you apply earlier sometimes you have a better chance at getting into that school. 

Another important thing about senior year and college is it’s an opportunity for you to find a passion and a career path. It isn’t necessary to find out what you want to do for the rest of your life in senior year but the earlier you find that career path the more time you have to excel in it. 

Newly graduated senior Christian Nuñez-Hidalgo has some advice for the juniors next year.

“It’s going to be easy to pass, but it’s also going to be easy to fail. Don’t let the fact that you’re seniors let you forget that you still have to finish.”

He also had a couple comments on senioritis.

“Senioritis is a real thing, don’t let underclassmen tell you they have it because they don’t understand it at all and they won’t understand it until they become seniors and get halfway through the year. Trust me I was like that and then learned what it really is like.”

Finally he added some tips on how to keep your personal life in order during the year.

“And worst comes to worst don’t get sidetracked by your personal life because senior year is when life gets crazy. You’re going to have a lot less stuff to do school wise and more free time depending on your classes so stay focused on the main goal which is graduating and college.”

Senior year is going to be a lot of fun and an exciting time in our lives but the most important thing to remember is to stay focused and finish the year because it’s not over until the grade book is closed and you have your diploma at least.