Inklings Literary & Arts Magazine Published

This+years+edition+of+iNKLiNGS+magazine.+

This year’s edition of iNKLiNGS magazine.

Staff

iNKLiNGS is Immaculata-La Salle’s Literary and Arts magazine. This is a yearly publication that is a collaborative effort between the English department and the Fine Arts department. This year, Mrs. Ana Roman-Gonzalez served as the magazine’s advisor. And while normally it’s a print publication, because of the COVID-19 pandemic, iNKLiNGS has started as a virtual file for Spring 2020.

“Right when Inklings was supposed to be completed and submitted to the publisher, school was cancelled due to Covid-19,” explained Mrs. Roman-Gonzalez. “The publishing company also closed its doors and the future of this year’s Inklings magazine was uncertain. But with every setback, there comes an opportunity.

“With more time on our hands and the need for self expression growing, some of the most creative and heartfelt work was submitted during our time keeping safe at home. Covid didn’t stop Inklings; it made it stronger, allowing it to show that the human spirit is stronger than any virus, and that the virtues of faith, hope and love are flourishing now more than ever.”

iNKLiNGS is published once a year by students currently enrolled at Immaculata-La Salle High School. Submissions to iNKLiNGS are accepted from students, faculty, and alumni of Immaculata-La Salle High School. The mission of iNKLiNGS is to provide a creative outlet for writers, artists, and photographers of Immaculata-La Salle High School.

The plan is to release a print version of Issue XV of iNKLiNGS early next school year. Here’s the link for a PDF of Inklings for this year.  All rights, including e-rights, are reserved.

“Thank you to all the students and teachers who collaborated to turn the Inklings 2020 edition into the Inklings ‘Special Edition,'” said Mrs. Roman-Gonzalez. “From the creative team, as you enjoy our works of art, we wish you a happy, healthy, and restful summer.”

Here’s a preview of what you’ll get to enjoy in iNKLiNGS: