ILS Dig-Pink Is Back. Here’s How You Could Help

Michael Yero, Writer

For the third consecutive year, the Immaculata La Salle Girls Volleyball team is set to host its ‘Dig-Pink’ fundraiser, an opportunity to raise money for breast cancer awareness.

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, seniors Charlize Ramos and Emma Callaghan founded the event. Since then, it’s made significant strides year-by-year, garnering over $250 in their first try one and $500 in the second.

They look to one-up their funds once again.

“Our goal this year is $1000,” Callaghan said. “The fact that so many people are so willing to donate to this amazing cause is so special because starting an annual Dig-Pink game was very intimidating to me as a sophomore, and every year the generosity is overwhelming.”

The girls will ultimately send what they receive to the Side-Out Foundation, an American non-profit breast cancer charity that raises awareness and funds for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer. They plan on spreading the message for the remainder of the week, advocating students, teachers and parents to donate what they can for a great reason.

ILS plans to decorate the gym in pink balloons and posters for Wednesday’s 5:00 p.m. contest against Somerset Academy. All the players will also be wearing pink ribbons, socks and shoelaces to promote awareness. This game will also be their Senior Night, as they approach the start of regional playoffs.

“Although virtual, I hope we can reach our goal because the Side-Out Foundation truly does amazing work,” Callaghan continued.

To donate, please click the following link: https://giving.side-out.org/campaigns/16958.