ILS Dig-Pink Is Back. Here’s How You Could Help

Michael Yero, Writer

For the third consecutive year, the Immaculata La Salle Girls Volleyball team is set to host its ‘Dig-Pink’ fundraiser, an opportunity to raise money for breast cancer awareness.

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, seniors Charlize Ramos and Emma Callaghan founded the event. Since then, it’s made significant strides year-by-year, garnering over $250 in their first try one and $500 in the second.

They look to one-up their funds once again.

“Our goal this year is $1000,” Callaghan said. “The fact that so many people are so willing to donate to this amazing cause is so special because starting an annual Dig-Pink game was very intimidating to me as a sophomore, and every year the generosity is overwhelming.”

The girls will ultimately send what they receive to the Side-Out Foundation, an American non-profit breast cancer charity that raises awareness and funds for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer. They plan on spreading the message for the remainder of the week, advocating students, teachers and parents to donate what they can for a great reason.

ILS plans to decorate the gym in pink balloons and posters for Wednesday’s 5:00 p.m. contest against Somerset Academy. All the players will also be wearing pink ribbons, socks and shoelaces to promote awareness. This game will also be their Senior Night, as they approach the start of regional playoffs.

“Although virtual, I hope we can reach our goal because the Side-Out Foundation truly does amazing work,” Callaghan continued.

To donate, please click the following link: https://giving.side-out.org/campaigns/16958.

View this post on Instagram

HEY ILS FAMILY! Emma Callaghan and the ILS Royal Volleyball team are doing their annual Dig-Pink fundraiser! It’s our third year in a row raising money for breast cancer awareness and we don’t want to stop this year just cause of COVID! Unfortunately, we can’t have fans at the games dressed in pink cheering the girls on like in years passed! But we still want to donate for this great cause of trying to find a cure for Breast Cancer, which has touched most of us in some way! . . All this week we will have the link to donate in our bio section! This year we are looking to raise $1,000 that will all go to helping bring awareness and find a cure of Breast Cancer! . . Please help us hit out goal! Click the link, and DONATE NOW!

A post shared by Immaculata-La Salle HS (@immaculatalasalle) on