FSU Visits ILS Virtually

Lauren Fernández, Writer

On Wednesday, November 4th, Florida State University (FSU) hosted a virtual information session for ILS juniors and seniors via ZOOM to discuss application details, admissions, and provide students with a great overview of the school. 

Assistant Director of Regional Recruitment, Saisha Delevoe, enthusiastically presented the information and spoke aloud while students were typing questions in the ZOOM chat that were answered by Regional Admissions Counselor, Mallory Cotter. Both FSU spokeswomen addressed a wide range of questions that ILS had. 

One of the primary focuses of the session was FSU’s holistic approach to reviewing first year applications.

“No one factor of your application guarantees admission,” explained Delevoe. Seminole applicants can be admitted for summer or fall terms, or can follow the “Seminole Pathways Program.” 

Senior Larissa Pontes attended the visit and used the opportunity to further solidify her decision in applying to FSU.

“I’ve already applied to FSU and I’m currently applying to its Honors Program,” said Pontes. She added, “I learned more about the Presidential Scholars Program.” 

If you weren’t able to make it to Wednesday’s event, don’t worry! FSU Admissions is hosting a live event on November 16th on YouTube! Don’t forget to check Naviance to sign up for other virtual college visits.