Christmas Spirit floats through ILS as Admin Announces Holiday Attire

Eliza Lee, Writer

With Christmas approaching, the ILS campus has been bright with holiday spirit. When students returned to campus after Thanksgiving break, administration announced that they would be allowed to wear Christmas clothes and accessories throughout December.

This announcement was well-received as well as in good timing. This past week, temperatures have dropped to an appropriate temperature for the season. This presented students and teachers alike with the opportunity to be comfortable in clothing like warm sweaters and cozy fleece pants. The weather has definitely added to the cheery atmosphere of the campus.

In the last week of school, students are allowed to wear Christmas pajamas on campus, from December 14th and 17th. December 15th and 18th are specifically Ugly Sweater Day. These themes are repeated through the week to give every hybrid student a chance to dress out on campus, and every virtual student a week of comfort.

Here’s a breakdown of the week to come:

Monday, December 14:
  •  Christmas Pjs (Wear: Christmas pants, t-shirts, socks. DO NOT Wear: slippers, shorts)
  • Pictures with Santa!🎅🏼
  • Christmas cookies (decorate your own!), hot chocolate, & Christmas music all during lunch🍪☕️🎶
Tuesday, December 15:
  • Ugly Christmas sweaters🎄
  • Early Dismissal‼️💥
Thursday: December 17:
  • Christmas Pjs (Wear: Christmas pants, t-shirts, socks. DO NOT Wear: slippers, shorts)
  • Pictures with Santa!🎅🏼
  • Christmas cookies (decorate your own!), hot chocolate, & Christmas music all during lunch🍪☕️🎶
Friday, December 18:
  • Ugly Christmas sweaters🎄
  • Early Dismissal‼️💥

Senior Belen Gonzalez was featured in the ILS instagram for her Christmas spirit she showed through her outfit.

Excited about the holiday, she says this: “I love dressing in the Christmas theme because it is my favorite holiday! Many sweaters are covered in bright lights and bells. It’s so fun seeing so many people get in the spirit of Christmas through the way they dress.

“My favorite Christmas accessory would be my jingle bells scrunchy because I can tie my hair up or put it around my wrist and it sounds like bells. It always puts me in the Christmas spirit as I always hear the bells going off.”

The holiday spirit can definitely be felt on campus. In her email last week, Dean of Students, Ms. Varese, explained the school’s thinking.

“We would love to fill our campus with Christmas Cheer for the rest of the 1st semester,” she said. “We want to thank the SGA for organizing a festive week for us during exams! Ugly Sweater Day is so much fun!”

For more details on the dress-downs, check your ILS email and find the Christmas email from Ms. Varese.