Semester Two Virtual & Hybrid Reminders

Semester Two Virtual & Hybrid Reminders

Noor Andre, Editor

As the second semester begins, Ms. Varese, Dean of Students sent out an email reminding students of the important expectations and rules that all ILS students are required to follow, both in person or virtually. 

“It is important that we remain disciplined in our daily routines for time spent in school, as well as after school hours,” said Ms. Varese. 

Starting next Wednesday, January 20, 2021, virtual zoom detentions will begin taking  places. Getting demerits will result in a detention. 

For The Virtual Classes:

• All students must report on time, check in for attendance, and remain “in class” until the teacher dismisses them. The only exception to this rule is if your parents have emailed attendance requesting an early dismissal.
  • All students must be on camera, unless the teacher has specifically said you can be off camera or there is a screen share situation. 
    • When you go off camera without permission from your teacher, it  is almost the same as you walking out of the classroom without permission, and that is skipping class. 
  • All students should be in their ILS uniform, collard shirts for Virtual school, except on Fridays, when we have ILS Spirit Day and you may wear any ILS shirt.
    • ONLY SENIORS HAVE THE SENIOR PRIVILEGE OF DRESS DOWN
  • Cell phones are not allowed to be used during class time, unless it is needed for ZOOM or another APP the teacher has approved
  • Everyone will be courteous and respectful of one another
  • Cheating and Plagiarism are still UNACCEPTABLE. The sharing of your work or stealing of someone else’s work, passed off as your own is a serious offense and students will have academic and/or disciplinary consequences for both of those violations.

For On-Campus Classes:

• All students must report to their classrooms on time and remain in class until the teacher dismisses them. The only exception to this rule is if your parents have emailed attendance requesting an early dismissal.
  • All students must wear their masks properly at all times, except when seated and eating.
  • All students must honestly complete the daily health screening on the SAFETY APP.
  • All students must observe social distancing guidelines of maintaining at least 6 feet apart from each other
  • Cell phones are only allowed to be used during your lunch period- not during classes or in the hall ways
  • All students must be in full ILS uniform, and on Fridays we have ILS Spirit Day where you may wear any ILS shirt with uniform bottoms and shoes.
  • If you feel sick, please stay home and attend your classes virtually.
  • If you or anyone in your household is waiting for COVID test results, please stay home until those results are received.
  • Everyone will be courteous and respectful of one another.

To have the most optimal learning experience during this unprecedented time and to avoid disciplinary and/or academic consequences, make sure you are following all of these important guidelines.