Walk With Me Fundraiser Recap

Olga Cortes, Writer

Last week, the Walk With Me club held a fundraiser to help the Miami local special needs schools, The Miami Learning Experience. Walk With Me is a club at ILS that works directly with The Miami Learning Experience. The club creates and advertises service opportunities for ILS students to connect with the special needs students from MLE.

For hybrid students, the walks were held on Tuesday during F block and Friday after school. Online students recorded themselves walking and submitted a photo.

This fundraiser allowed students to receive up to 5 service hours. Students received 3 hours for completing the walk and an extra 2 for completing the video tutorial.

The video tutorial was an explanation of the walk for the MLE students and inviting them to join.

“The event on Tuesday went really well! A lot more turnout than we expected, and overall fun,” said club president, senior Camila Mendoza.

Club moderator, Ms. Arrieta said: “This event helped us reach one of our goals to help the MLE fundraise for their programs and bring awareness to their school and events.”

This event is just one of the many more service opportunities the club gives. Being apart of the club or even just the events helps the club bring awareness to MLE and many other schools like it. 

“The walk is that all proceeds go directly to MLE, and are used to buy school supplies, technology, and support students!” said  Mendoza.

Be on the lookout for more events from the Walk With Me club! So check your emails, but most importantly check the Royal Courier!