How Juniors are Preparing for Senior Year

Mia Castellon, Writer

The 2020-2021 school year is almost over and juniors are preparing to transition to senior year. To achieve this, juniors are taking varied approaches to their daily schedules.

Junior year has been full of stressful situations and the transition to senior year will be a significant change from the events of this year. In light of this, ILS juniors Gabriela Danger, Katrina Diaz- Balart, and Maria Meyer have detailed their preparations.

“I am making sure that the classes I chose to take next year are a good level that I can handle,” said Gabriela Danger. “I will also make sure that I have everything I need to keep up with coursework next year.”

“I am going to try not to overpack my schedule,” said Maria Meyer.

“I am trying to finish off the year strong so that I can have the best grades possible and have more time to spend on my college essays,” said Katrina Diaz- Balart.

Based on the preparations each of the juniors described, it is evident that the stress of junior year has influenced the course of action many juniors are taking. A common goal they have is to focus on college but also lighten their workload compared to their experiences this year.

Because of the impact of virtual classes, Senior year may seem like more of a drastic change for the current juniors. However, many juniors are excited about the classes that will be offered to seniors next year.

These classes include Marine Science, English IV, Environmental Science, among many other electives chosen by students.

In addition to new classes and the changes at ILS for future seniors, preparations for college applications will begin. ILS English teachers have prepared students for the past few years and with these skills they will write their college essays.

As juniors, this process is frightening because of the impact it will have on your life, but it is important to remember that your work is going to pay off in the end.