Immaculata La Salle Celebrates Everyone’s Favorite Day- Féria Latina

Holland Ramos, News Editor

Immaculata-La Salle students and staff gathered together last Friday to celebrate Féria Latina.

In order to celebrate Hispanic History/Culture, including Italian and French as those are also languages taught at ILS, in a special way a day filled with prayer, food, and music, called Féria Latina is celebrated each year.

To start the day off, students arrived on campus and were told to report to their F block rooms. Each grade was called down and reported to the gym to begin the bilingual Mass. This has been the first time Mass has been held in the gym since before COVID-19.

“I was so excited to be able to have Mass in the gym with the whole school for the first time in over a year. Being able to experience such a special Mass surrounded by my ILS family was really important to me,” said junior Gavin Kuppers.

After a beautiful Mass, students got to walk out to a football field covered in stations with tables celebrating almost 15 different Hispanic countries, including Brazil, Haiti, France, Italy, and Spain. 

From empanadas to dulce de leche cupcakes, almost every Hispanic dish was available for everyone to feast on. These tables also displayed beautiful posters that presented the history of the country, the country’s favorite foods, and fun facts.

I’m so glad I got to experience such a special day with all of my friends and teachers. Since this is my first year on campus, this is my first time at Féria Latina …and it definitely lived up to the hype,” said sophomore, Jadin Gonzalez.

The ILS dance team provided a source of entertainment with an amazing performance out on the football field. Our ILS Latin band also played a number of songs that Mr. Tim Gamwell, English teacher especially liked to dance.