ILS entrepreneur starts See The Good

Alexia Menendez, Writer

Sofia Farres, an ILS junior, used her positive attitude to create a company named See The Good. She created a brand image and spread the company’s motto of “See the good, be kind and spread love”.

The company has produced and sold sweatshirts and hoodies in a variety of bright colors with their logo. They established an Instagram social media site with almost 400 followers.

ILS junior Natalia de Torres was present for the creation of See the Good. She saw first-hand how motivated Sofia was to make this project successful.

Natalia believes the purpose of See the Good was to “help people see the good in their everyday lives and to make people happy.” She was excited when the project launched because “Sofi has been working hard for something like this and for it to be happening is very exciting.”

Natalia supported Sofia by purchasing a sweatshirt and gets compliments on it all the time.

When asked what her first impression of See the Good was, ILS junior Emily Barquin said, “It is a company that inspires others to look at the positive side of things instead of seeing life so dull.”

One of the See The Good hoodies available at seethegoodbysofi.com.

When Emily first heard about it from one of her friends, she new it was going to be a positive brand.

“I know how much hard work and time Sofia has put into this brand making it even more special,” Emily said. She looks forward to purchasing a sweater from the company and contributing to Sofia’s success.

Another ILS junior, Andrea Dutowski believes that, “During challenging times, a positive attitude makes a powerful difference in people’s lives. See The Good made a great impression on the ILS students with it’s positive brand image. Students not only liked the logo of the sweatshirts but also supported the motto.”

On her website, Sofia describes why she started the company.

“I started ‘see the good’ because I believe too many people in this world consistently see the glass as half empty. I believe that positive things don’t get as much recognition as they deserve. And most of all, I believe my calling is to live my life for others and try to help them see the good in everything, even when it’s hard to recognize.”

People with positive attitudes have been known for seeing the good in life. The Catholic environment at ILS has always encouraged students to support each other in positive ways to make a difference in the world, and that’s what Sofia Farres is doing with her company, See The Good.

Check out the website: Seethegood.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2RsRm8l4Qg/