Salesian Hearts Club Invites You to Open Your Heart to God

Salesian Hearts retreat

Maya Garcia, Sports Editor

Mrs. Ana Gonzalez Roman, Theology teacher, reminds her class what it means to be Salesian.

For over seven years, the Salesian Hearts Club has had a great influence on how middle schoolers see their high school experience. The club is composed of ILS students who create retreat experiences for these middle schoolers preparing for confirmation.  Sr. Rosa Lopez, the creator, has built the club over the years for middle schoolers develop a personal relationship with God. 

This year ILS added new classrooms to the retreat center at the back of the campus where the Sr. Rosa has been hosting the retreats for the past eight years, making the retreat center not open for use. Yes, it is a disadvantage, but she has many ideas for what’s next.

“We can use this disadvantage as a base for new and exciting ideas for the club,” she explained. Sr. Rosa is very excited to work with her club members to create a new vision for the Salesian Hearts. Members are presently working on a new club logo/shirt. 

Sr Rosa is a very inspiring person having attended and work at ILS, making her an amazing example of dedication and hard work. She has helped bring the members of the club closer to God every year. She invites YOU to join Salesian Hearts and grow in your relationship with God and your faith.