Feria Latina 2022-A Re-Cap

Jadilah Fernandez, Executive Editor

Feria Latina is an event held at ILS where students and faculty gather to celebrate Latin cultures from all over the world like Venezuela, Cuba, Colombia and many more.

On Friday, October 7th, Feria Latina occurred right after the SGA Mass, where the freshmen SGA board was also inducted and announced to the ILS community.

Food at Feria Latina

There were several stands in the senior lot, each one was a different country. Each table had food from anywhere you can think of. Students could eat arepas, tequeños, assortments of desserts, and so much more. Every table was different from the others, focusing on one specific culture. The event was filled with colors, people dancing salsa, students playing soccer, and everyone having a great time.

The beauty of Latin culture is that it’s infused with diversity, culture, and countless traditions. Latin people are known for being very happy and for their hospitality. Latins are also notorious for their dancing, their tasteful dishes, and their beautiful tropical landscapes. Until the 19th-century, most Latin-American countries were colonies of Spain and Portugal.

After asking some of the ILS students what they thought about this event, here’s what they said.

“It was fun. I learned a lot about different cultures and I got to hang out with my friends which made me enjoy it more,” said junior Alejandro Pasos.

We did an excellent job, there was good music, good food and everyone participated. There were nice posters and I think it was amazing

— Ms. Echagarruga

Feria Latina

Every year Feria Latina keeps getting better and better here at ILS.

See you next year!