The Importance of Faith

One way to support your faith is through the practice of daily prayer.

AD Today

Alexandra Perez, Opinion Editor

Faith is defined in the Bible as “the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” — Hebrews 11:1.

What this quote is attempting to address is that faith is the confidence that the things we hope for will actually happen. Faith gives us assurance about things we cannot see and allows us to put our trust into God.

At our young age, it can be difficult to maintain our faith. As teens in today’s society, we face temptations daily. It can be difficult for us to turn to God and accept Him. I feel we can easily get caught in the wrong crowd or find ourselves situations that turn us far away from God.

Although right now faith may seem like something you hear from your theology teacher, but you might quickly forget this information as it becomes clouded with bad decisions and false idols.

Being a student at ILS, I have learned that faith is a key part of life. And it is extremely necessary, especially during difficult times. Seeing our school come together to attend Mass and pray in the mornings are just some examples of things that have inspired me to continue leading a faith-filled life.

It is never too late to turn to God. No matter how far down the rabbit hole you go, God is always waiting for you with open arms on the other side. Once we get over the challenge of pushing our faith to the side, we can lead the faithful lives we are called to live out.