Catholic Schools Week- Prep-Rally

Varsity+cheerleaders+perform+at+the+prep+rally+after+announcing+the+spring+sports.+

Alina Figueroa

Varsity cheerleaders perform at the prep rally after announcing the spring sports.

Alina Figueroa, Writer

This week, January 30- February 3, Immaculata La Salle celebrated Catholic Schools Week with a different theme each day to dress up in addition to a variety of activities.

On Monday, January 30, the theme was Miami/305, Tuesday was Don Bosco Day, Wednesday was wear, red, white, and blue, Thursday was dress for your future career, and lastly Friday was casual dress down.

On Monday, as well, there was a prep rally at the end of the day. All students and faculty gathered at the gym during F-block to celebrate the start of the spring season sports. That included girls’ and boys’ soccer and basketball, and the cheerleading team.

During the prep rally, all students and faculty celebrated all the seniors in their sports. They called each senior one-by-one and everyone cheered for them. Not only did they call their name, they also had their name on a big screen, just in case someone didn’t hear them correctly.

Before and after they called the spring sports and presented them, the cheer team performed. The JV team preformed before and the Varsity team performed after.

“I really enjoyed my first winter prep rally. I think the cheerleaders did a very good job and I noticed how throughout the whole prep-rally, everyone had so much school spirit,” said freshman Mia Luzardo.

During the prep rally, there was a game, called musical chairs, where four teachers and four students played. There was one student from each grade, freshmen, sophomore, juniors, and seniors. One by one they kept going out, until there were two left, a freshman and a sophomore. The winner of the game was sophomore, Rashad Lee.

The remaining contestants, a freshman and sophomore, participating in the musical chairs game during the prep rally.

“I enjoyed the games that the students and teachers played. I also thought that it was funny how there was a teacher that dresses up as Pitbull, since it was Miami/ 305 day,” said junior Martina Tonkin.

The prep rally was a great start of Catholic Schools Week here at ILS. The rest of the week was full of exciting events. Hopefully, every student and faculty enjoyed the start of the amazing week.