Appreciate Your Teachers!

Ms. Giovanna Spenser

Mr. James Rydborn enjoys a surprise cup of coffee before school in honor of Teacher Appreciation Week.

Holland Ramos, Editor in Chief

As the nation celebrates Teacher Appreciation Week, it is important to take the time to express gratitude to those who have dedicated their lives to educating and shaping the minds of future generations. 

Here are some ways to say thank you to your teachers at ILS:

1. Write a heartfelt note: Taking the time to write a personal note expressing your gratitude and admiration for your teacher is a simple yet effective way to say thank you. Share a specific moment or experience in which your teacher made a difference in your life. 
  2. Give a small gift: A thoughtful gift can go a long way in showing your appreciation. It doesn’t have to be expensive – even a small token such as a handmade card or a bouquet of flowers can brighten up your teacher’s day.
  3. Organize a class project: Get your classmates involved in expressing their appreciation by organizing a class project. This could be anything from creating a scrapbook of memories to planning a surprise party for your teacher.
  4. Offer to help: Teachers often have a lot on their plates, and a little help can go a long way. Offer to assist with grading papers, setting up the classroom, or organizing materials to show your teacher that you care.
Mr. Tim Gamwell shares excitement and joy with his English class after reading letters written to him by his students. Photo: Holland Ramos

While we definitely should be showing our teachers appreciation every day, Teacher Appreciation Week is an important time to show gratitude for the hard work and dedication of teachers here at ILS. Whether it’s through a heartfelt note, a small gift, or organizing a class project, there are many ways to say thank you, and make teachers feel appreciated. Let’s take this opportunity to show teachers how much you value them and the impact they have on many lives.