FTK Was a Smashhit

ryanrocketship

This illustration demonstrates the typical scenario involved in a scavenger hunt where participants use clues to find answers.

Penelope Martinez, Entertainment Editor

Scavenger hunts are a fun and interactive game where participants are given a list of items to find or tasks to complete. The goal is to find or complete everything on the list typically within a certain amount of time. Scavenger hunts can be done pretty much anywhere, individually or in teams, depending on the size of the group.

This past week on Wednesday May 9th, any Immaculata-La Salle member was invited to participate in “ILS Gives FTK.”FTK stands for “For The Kids,” and was a scavenger-hunt themed fundraiser that took place around campus. The scavenger hunt turned out to be a huge success as students and teachers raised a total of $25,000. These funds will go towards the mission of the Salesian Sisters, and the children of La Escuelita Maya.

The flyer for FTK could be found everywhere on social media. (ILS Instagram)

The winners of both the teacher and student teams were announced on Wednesday morning:

“Let’s Go Heat!” (Teachers):

The winning teachers are featured in this picture. (ILS Instagram)

Maria Cuesta

Melissa Capablanca

Elena Calablanca

Paul Dean

Andres Saladrigas 

(and an honorable mention to Irene Cocina for bringing in 19 donations)

“Gustopher’s Apostles” (Students):

The winning students are featured in this picture. (ILS Instagram)

Valentina Santarelli

Nico Pinzon

Holland Ramos

Silvana Levito

(and an honorable mention to Ines Unda for bringing in 27 donations.)

Congratulations to the winners! 🏆

I thought the scavenger hunt was such a cool and unique idea that brought the whole school together to donate to kids in need. It was really different from all the other fundraisers we’ve had at the school and I think it was really fun and exciting to participate in it since everyone was competing against each other for a grand prize.

— Freshman Sara Moreno

If this event happens next year, would Sara participate?

“If this event happens next year, I would definitely sign up again because I know that by donating even the smallest amount, I would be helping people and making a difference in their lives. Also, I love the idea of completing challenges and riddles throughout the day in order to gain points and get higher up in the leaderboard to compete for first place,” Sarah added.

What was her overall favorite thing about the scavenger hunt?

“My favorite part of the scavenger hunt was getting clues from the teachers at the end of class to figure out the answer to the riddles and get points. Also, I loved getting riddles that made you interact and take pictures of staff members and teachers because every team had to find them throughout the school in the time limit presented,” she said,

This event had a great turnout and it would be certainly beneficial if it happens again next year.