Seniors Valentina Gonzalez,Isabella Brand, Antonella Velasquez, Mia Mena, Daniela Quirós, Miranda Dunbar, and Megan Dominguez, taking pictures before prom .
A Night to Remember
Antonella Velasquez, Editor-in-Chief • April 29, 2024
Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024

The Summer I Turned Pretty

Who is Belly’s Endgame?
The beach is a very important part of TSITP where many pivotal moments happen.
Sean MacEntee

What is The Summer I Turned Pretty?
“The Summer I Turned Pretty” is an
Amazon Prime show about a girl who is caught in a love triangle between two brothers. It first started off as a book that has three parts, first released in 2009. The most debatable opinion of the whole series is: “Conrad or Jeremiah? Who should Belly end up with?” It is such a popular debate that American Eagle came out with a clothing collaboration dedicated to the topic. Fans could buy cropped shirts that said either “Team Jeremiah” or “Team Conrad.” The second season ended in a very controversial way, with Belly (the main character) ending up with Jeremiah, the younger brother of the two.

I’m team Conrad because of the way he treats Belly. He was always sweet to her. He shares these same moments with her throughout the series, as their chemistry is unmatched. These moments whenever they’re alone shows undeniably their love for each other and how perfect they are together.

— Evelyn Gonzalez

Team Conrad or Team Jere
Many fans have expressed their disgust with season two having a “BellyJere” endgame. However, Conrad fans should look forward to the future since the end’s not near! Season 3 has been green-lit so the ending could change instantly. In the book, it is clear that Belly ends up with Conrad and they get married; however, that could easily change. Both sides have a very strong argument as to why they have their own opinion. Many fans who prefer Jeremiah claim that he is on the more playful, chatty side compared to Conrad, who is characterized as “emotionally unavailable.” Others believe that Conrad is the perfect choice since Belly has loved him ever since she was a kid, and that she will always choose him no matter what.

I am 100% Team Conrad. I am Team Conrad because he has a deeper connection with Belly unlike Jeremiah. Conrad is also a better choice for Belly because he has always loved her before she turned “pretty” when they met again in the first season. Therefore, he is a better match for Belly in the long term.

— Sophia Janulionis

Popular Vote
“Good Reads” recently uploaded a poll asking viewers to vote for either Team Conrad or Team Jeremiah. The poll currently has Conrad in the lead with 240 votes, or 75.2%. Jeremiah is currently pretty behind with 79 votes, or 24.8%.

Soundtrack
Another thing that draws viewers has been the soundtrack. Most of the songs include the very popular Taylor Swift with many fans indicating they became interested in the show thanks to her inclusion. The track is pretty huge and diverse with other artists such as Lana Del Rey and Phoebe Bridgers, if that’s more your speed. The show definitely deserves the attention it is getting and more.

loved this teen drama!

— Isabelle L (Rotten Tomatoes)

$0
$500