Drake and 21 Savage’s “It’s All a Blur” Tour So Far

September Debut in Miami
Throughout+the+concert%2C+Drake+would+stop+and+thank+all+of+his+fans+for+making+his+night+so+special.+He+brought+along+few+Mounties+to+deliver+good+advice+for+his+audience.+
Jadilah Fernandez
Throughout the concert, Drake would stop and thank all of his fans for making his night so special. He brought along few Mounties to deliver good advice for his audience.

Famous rapper, Aubrey Drake Graham, also known as Drake, started the summer of 2023 with his “It’s All a Blur” tour. Not only do people get to see Drake in concert for the first time in years, but special guest, 21 Savage is also part of the tour.

Drake performing at the beginning of his concert in TD Garden (Boston, Massachusetts). (Jadilah Fernandez)

Canadian rapper, Drake and Atlanta rapper, 21 Savage worked and released the album “Her Loss” November 4th of 2022, through OVO Sound and Republic Records.

Over the summer, Drake has been to several cities across the United States, including Massachusetts, California, and he will be coming to Miami in September. This tour has reminded Drake’s fan base that he is still like the “Old Drake.” Many fans talked about how they missed his previous musical style, desiring to witness him sing live after years of not performing.

His iconic show starts off with, “Look What You’ve Done.” This song, written by Drake, is dedicated to those who have “nurtured” him. Throughout the song, he reflects on his relationship with his mother and how it started to fall apart due to his immaturities. He also acknowledges his grandma and the impact she had on his life and career.

Drake sitting next to his “younger self” during the first song of his concert, “Look What You’ve Done.”.(Jadilah Fernandez)

Drake’s creativity is displayed throughout the show as he brings in a real life “younger version” of himself. The moment his show starts, he sits next to his “younger” self, showing how he’s grown but still cherishes all of his childhood. He also incorporates the different shows and movies he watched growing up, such as clips of The Prince of Bel Air and a 3D figure of Peter Pan.

Fans, including myself, were fascinated with the level of creativity in his show and how important his childhood truly was to him. Some other interesting components of his show were his interactions with fans and the way he gave away Chanel bags as if they were a hug. After giving away Birkin Bags and other designer bags, he expressed his gratitude for all of those who love and support him.

“I have been seeing Drake’s concert all over TikTok and Instagram. I really liked the set list and I would love to go when he comes to Miami,” said senior Mariana Castillo.

After Drake, came 21 Savage, starting with “Red Opps” and later sang songs from his collab with Drake, “Her Loss.” He performed a total of 12 songs on his own. Drake also announced that he will be releasing a new album called “For All The Dogs.”

I enjoyed all the visuals during the concert. I feel like it was very engaging for Drake to incorporate his childhood into his concert because we learned about his background

— Sofía Oliva

Having attended the Boston concert in August and was lucky enough to be almost face to face with Drake as he went down my aisle. I loved all the visuals and colors throughout the concert as well as the song selection/set list. Many fans were disappointed that Drake did not sing many of his iconic songs, but nonetheless it was a night to remember.

“Going to the Drake concert in Miami is definitely in my plans right now because of all the good commentary I’ve heard from others that have been in different states,” said senior Alejandro Pasos.

Drake and 21 Savage singing together towards the end of the concert. (Jadilah Fernandez)

Although Drake’s tour has not ended yet, there’s still a lot to expect and hopefully some guest appearances to leave fans shocked (in a good way). To purchase tickets, use this link:

https://www.ticketmaster.com/drake-tickets/artist/1319371?landing=c&awtrc=true&c=SEM_TMMCONCERTS_ggl_19826795901_150661225841_drake%20ticketmaster&GCID=0&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9MCnBhCYARIsAB1WQVVFKnEeXVdorSGu1bIJvHSvhWNB4AVbs6oFxKKWvZKWPF1sR0b4s7saAg6BEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

$0
$500