New DECA Club will Expand Understanding of Business World

Distributive Education Clubs of America Debuts at ILS
The logo of the DECA Club as seen in this example from one located in the state of Missouri features square symbols and the colors blue and white.
CRVP11

Mr. Daniel Arguello’s past experience with Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) influenced him to take on the responsibility as head of the Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA), convincing ILS to support this organization which enables and prepares students of the next generation for a future in finance, marketing, hospitality, and management, resulting in the addition of the new DECA Club.

“What inspired this club is my previous work with FBLA at my previous school. I could not open DECA there, so I brought it here,” he explained.

DECA’s profound significance as an aid in ILS’s expansive business environment was recognized by Mr. Arguello, and caused him to deem it a necessary addition to the clubs and programs available here. Upon further speculation, he acknowledged student already made efforts in perusing their personal journeys in business and considers the club an exemplary occasion for these students to apply their talents as well as acquire new expertise.

“Many students have already begun their own business ventures and this gives aspiring entrepreneurs and business-minded students the opportunity to learn new skills as well as showcase their abilities,“ he added.

The club in itself has an inspiring mission to aid high school and college students to be successful in their desired careers.

“DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.”

— DECA.org

Specifically, the program applies a further and more relevant connection to the upcoming chapters and occupations of its members. Furthermore, DECA places students in a positive, competitive setting and promotes the use of critical thinking.

“DECA brings the classroom to life by empowering the teacher-advisor to make learning relevant with educational programs that integrate into classroom instruction, apply learning, connect to business and promote competition,” according to DECA.org.

DECA members find themselves occupied in connecting with their community, participating in projects with the aim of establishing problem-solving skills, and reaching out to organizations in a student’s chosen career focus.

This information is provided in a statement made by californiadeca.org, “DECA teaches its members to reach out to organizations they are passionate about and become involved in the community around them.”

One of the program benefits is the available valued learning time with successful professionals currently in the industry and proof of the abundant amount of preparation to students’ later experiences in college and careers.

“91% of DECA members report that participation in DECA prepared them academically for college and a career,” DECA.org statistically reports.

Additionally, the ability to emerge as a leader, receive merit-based scholarships, and achieve a highly regarded ‘Honor Award’, are all possible accomplishments through the avid and committed participation of a DECA member.

“This is a platform that allows students to have a bigger voice in the business world and gives students a taste of what the business world is like while still being a student,” said Mr. Arguello.

Despite being new, DECA has already sparked the interest of many students and has a growing number of participants.

“So far there are 35 students,” Mr. Arguello said.

$0
$500