The Student News Site of Immaculata-La Salle High School

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

VMAs: Music’s Biggest Night

Epic Performances and Unforgettable Moments
This+collage+of+multiple+celebrities+features+many+of+those+who+have+attended+the+VMAs+in+the+past.+%28Photo+Illustration%29++
Victoria Harding
This collage of multiple celebrities features many of those who have attended the VMAs in the past. (Photo Illustration)

“They’re just so iconic.”

— Senior Sebastian Pacheco

Since its inception, the MTV Video Music Awards (more popularly referred to as the VMAs) have been an iconic staple of pop culture.

The VMAs have the power to raise someone’s status from celebrity to icon. Viewers never know what to expect, tuning in to excitedly anticipate the next top artists.

From Kanye West’s famous interruption of Taylor Swift, to Britney Spears’ performance with a 25-foot python snake, the VMAs have never failed to amaze viewers with their elaborate performances, notable feuds, and many memorable moments. 

“I always make sure to watch the VMAs every year,” said senior Sebastian Pacheco, quite ecstatically.  “They’re just so iconic,” he added.

Among the most memorable moments that night included the opening act by the legendary Beyoncé, a name which is synonymous with excellence in the music world. She took the stage and treated everyone to a fantastic mix of her greatest hits, leaving no doubt as to why she’s regarded as a living legend.

“As a self-proclaimed Beyoncé fan, I was absolutely delighted to see mother open the VMAs,” said sophomore Lara Torrens, “Period!”

The surprises didn’t stop there! One of the standout highlights was the unexpected collaboration between Taylor Swift and BTS, two music powerhouses from different corners of the world. They came together to perform a brand new song, and the sheer excitement from their fans was palpable. This surprise duet demonstrated the VMAs’ unique ability to unite artists from diverse genres, creating musical magic that transcends boundaries.

“As a Swiftie, I was thrilled when it was announced that Taylor Swift won a couple awards,” said senior Emilio Diblidox.  “Beyoncé was great too though,” he added. 

The 2023 MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs) certainly lived up to their reputation for delivering thrilling performances to please their live as well as their broadcast audiences.

$0
$500