Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024
These Images feature the different displays of Octobuddies for those considering purchasing one.
Octobuddy: Trend or Need
Aubree Arango, Writer • April 25, 2024

Runway Rendezvous in Paris Full of Style

Victoria Harding
Paris Fashion Week 2023 was an excellent showcase of unique works by a variety of designers.

The 2023 Paris Fashion Week featured creativity, innovation, and a spectacular showcase of talent. As always, the week brought iconic designers, celebrities, influencers and industry insiders together from across the globe. 

The week-long spectacular displayed a litany of extravagant runway shows, exclusive events, and glamorous parties. The iconic fashion houses, Chanel, Louis Vitton and Dior, graced audiences with marvelous, fresh collections proving once again, why they are the Top Dogs in the fashion industry. 

“I saw some of the Dior designs and I was in awe,” said senior Isa Alzati.

Throughout the week, the two standout themes were sustainability and a revival of the 80’s.

Many designers chose to incorporate eco-friendly materials into their pieces, using upcycled garments and recycled fabrics. The fashion industry is a huge contributor to pollution, seeing the commitment that many of these designers have to sustainable development is a breath of fresh air. 

“I feel like it’s really important to hold the fashion industry accountable for all the pollution that it causes, I’m really glad a lot of designers have started trying being sustainable,” said ssenior Maria Kaminski

— Maria Kaminski

The revival of many elements of the 80’s was a completely unexpected but very welcome turn of events. From vibrant hues of electric blue and bright red, to the very distinct shoulder padded silhouette as well the striking patterns, the designers truly gave viewers a banquet for their eyes. Paris Fashion Week delivered a new perspective to this era that the world has come to know.

These themes were not the only elements incorporated. Many different silhouettes graced the runways. Oversized and exaggerated proportions were a distinct trend. Under the umbrella exaggerated proportions were large shoulder pads, voluminous skirts, and large sleeves. The designers played with the idea of both femininity and masculinity on a wide range of models. 

“I think my favorite designs were from the brand Selkie; they have such an interesting take on femininity,” said sophomore Camila Garcia.

Chunky, oversized accessories made their way onto the runways as well. Whether it was chunky jewelry to ornate hats or oversized AND tiny handbags, the accessories were on point. 

Another staple of the runway, elaborate footwear. Chunky platforms and fierce red bottoms—the footwear added an extra layer of excellence to improve the looks, and it did just that. 

The designs from this year’s Paris Fashion Week quite literally transcended fashion into art. 

Suffice to say this year’s Paris Fashion week was a stunning extravaganza people will not forget for years to come. 

$0
$500