Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024
These Images feature the different displays of Octobuddies for those considering purchasing one.
Octobuddy: Trend or Need
Aubree Arango, Writer • April 25, 2024

Unraveling the Cosmic Economics of Bruno Mars Tickets

Bruno+Mars+performs+at+one+of+his+pricey+concerts.+
Brothers Le
Bruno Mars performs at one of his pricey concerts.

“I would never spend that type of money because it’s super expensive and I think I would prefer spending it on other things.”

— Nicholas Dominguez

For anywhere between $600 and $3,000, you can go see Bruno Mars perform. Is it really worth it?

For those who don’t know, Mars is a singer, songwriter, and performer, best known for songs such as “24K Magic,” “Grenade,” and “Just the Way You Are.”  A Grammy award-winner Mars has received album, song, and record of the year. 

Tickets to catch Bruno Mars have skyrocketed in price over the past few years for many reasons such as the high cost to produce his shows, his increasing in popularity, and rise in musical importance given all his professional accolades. 

A concert has many expenses for the artist such as staff, concessions, security, back up singers and dancers. Being such a well known artist, Mars is recognized for his entreating and extravagant performances which come with a high price for the performer as well as the audience.

As Bruno Mars has become a household name and more and more people become familiar with his music, this has resulted in an increase in the number of people interested in seeing him perform live. Other factors that contribute to the price of concert tickets are the venue, number of seats available, and the fan base at the location. 

Now with this being said, why would people spend this type of money to see him? Is it worth it? 

“I wouldn’t spend that type of money because I don’t really listen to him. I only really know his older popular songs, so I would be paying so much just to see him play two or three songs that I really know. So I don’t think it’s worth it,” said senior Camilla Souza.

“I would spend money on the tickets because he was my childhood and I know his lyrics by heart. I also think it would be good to see him now while he’s still somewhat young and can still sing really well. So, yeah; it’s super worth it for me,” said senior Emilie Reyes.

In the grand scheme of things, spending big on a Bruno Mars concert is a matter of personal preference. Some see it as a priceless experience tied to nostalgia, while others view it as a costly choice when there are better alternatives.

$0
$500