New Romantic Comedy in our Midst: The Other Zoey

A Ray of Light for Rom-Coms Today
Josephine+Langford+is+mainly+known+for+her+role+as+Tessa+Young+on+the+After+movie+franchise.+
Everything
Josephine Langford is mainly known for her role as Tessa Young on the After movie franchise.
In case there are some doubts, here it is “The Other Zoey” trailer!

People say rom-coms are back with the new movie The Other Zoey. The film follows an intelligent girl named Zoey Miller who believes that relationships based on compatibility have better chances of surviving than ones focused on romantic love because that’s just a commercial construct. Her life soon gets turned upside down when an amnesiac named Zach MacLaren mistakenly believes she’s his girlfriend, who also shares the name Zoey—resulting in the movie’s name. And contrary to Zoey’s belief, Zach believes people in relationships “just have to like each other.”

“I’m looking forward to watching this movie because it seems like it has potential and reminds me of the top-tier romantic comedies in the past,” said senior Luciana Hoyos.

“After” franchise star Josephine Langford plays Zoey Miller. Currently known for his role as Rafe on “Outer Banks,” Drew Starkey plays Zach. Both are famous for their movies and shows which excited the public to see them as each other’s love interests and co-stars. Another familiar face is actress Andie Macdowell, who plays Zach’s mom, Connie MacLaren. Lastly, if you watched either Elite or Soy Luna, you might remember an actor named Jorge López who appears in The Other Zoey as Zoey’s best friend’s love interest.

Drew Starkey, commonly known as Rafe Cameron on Netflix hit TV show “Outer Banks.” (Itsyaara)

“I want to watch this movie because I’ve never seen Drew Starkey on anything except Outer Banks, and this seems like a good movie,” said senior Andrea Celada.

The movie’s director is Sara Zandieh, and Matt Tabak wrote it. Though neither are well known yet in the industry, they did a great job with the movie.

“I hope this movie does a better job than most romantic comedies are doing today,” anticipated senior Martina Diaz.

The film has already been released on the United Kingdom Prime Video, but in the U.S., it only premiered in limited theaters. Fortunately, it is coming to the U.S. Prime Video November 10, 2023, so the wait will soon be. over. No Prime Video? Contact a friend who subscribes and make it a movie night. Still unsure if this is the movie for you? Click the link below to watch the trailer.

$0
$500