The Student News Site of Immaculata-La Salle High School

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Junior Mia Suarez, senior Daniela Aguila, and others, make bubbles out of their giant slime combination.
Slime is Back!
Lucia Salazar, Writer • May 8, 2024
Students in Ms. Cecilia Calleros D block enjoy an Earth Day activity. Photo:  Mrs. Cecilia Calleros
Earth Day Royal Style
Luna Fernandez, Writer • May 7, 2024

LTV Earns Positive Feedback and Respect

Valentina Lanza
The LTV class learns new skills as they work to produce the daily news show.

Reflected and revised are the judgments that were once cast upon Lion Television (LTV). Have students truly gained an understanding for the dedication and efforts made by the class? Read to discover how students have taken their negative energy and converted it to positive enforcement. Representation of the change in demeanor is demonstrated in students’ informative and positive critiques.

“The student inclusive interviews are no doubt the best part of the show. I just wish they produced more of them and were a little longer,” junior Samantha Martinez said.

Their criticism stems from good intentions and merely aims to better the show they view daily. The comments themselves prove beneficial and further provide details on the desires of LTV’s audience.

“I find the sports segments great to watch when they are done by actual athletes. If not, it’s almost ironic and feels off,” junior Mia Niebruegge said.

The LTV class is more encouraged than ever, rather than oppressed as seen in weeks before, due to the uplifting and instructive feedback received by its audience, and has taken their constructive criticism into consideration.

“It feels good to hear the positive feedback saying they are enjoying the show and it’s extremely helpful to know their wants. It will definitely be taken into account for our next piece.”

— Junior Isabella Torres

,” she said.

Teachers too are becoming more aware of the importance in airing the daily broadcasts as they provided necessary information regarding dates, club meetings, events, and more.

“LTV is doing a great job because the segments are more informative, more relevant to what is going on on campus, and more aligned to what you would see in a professional news broadcast,” said Mrs. Dalyla Rodriguez.

“I am seeing fewer teachers turn the program off and I haven’t heard any negative comments regarding the past show,” junior Gina Weinstein said.

Feeling empowered, the students have been partaking in multiple workshops and events where they can unite with other broadcasters and learn new skills they can apply to the LTV seen daily.

“Recently 14 students from the LTV class participated at the District 6 Broadcasting competition. Their progress in the class has drastically increased due to their newfound expertise,” Ms. Maria Molina, LTV moderator, proudly stated.

Enhancing their talents and rectifying their past mistakes, LTV is constantly improving, raising the bar for future LTV students and increasing the prestige of Immaculata-La Salle’s broadcasting program.

“The broadcasting culture at ILS is becoming more profound due to the workshops and competitions. They help increase the student’s desire to learn more and aid in their performance,” Ms. Molina added.

LTV’s motivational spark to create a better program and meet the audience’s expectations hopefully grows further and blossoms into an accomplished goal, as the student body is now more supportive of their efforts and they are attending distinguished broadcasting events. It is likely this uplifting attitude in the LTV classroom can remain if students continue providing insightful remarks and the class further visits such rigorous programs.

“I think the workshops and competitions have truly aided in student advancement. Hopefully, we can pursue more of these events, such as the nationwide and most famously known competition for broadcasting held in California, the National Scholastic Press Association,” Ms. Molina said.

$0
$500