The Ideal Christmas Movie for a Winter Night

HighTechDad https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/?
Elf plays on the flatscreen TV at many homes during the month of December.

This poll has ended.

What is Your Favorite Classic Christmas Film?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

For most, the ideal winter evening consists of freshly baked cookies, a warm and cozy atmosphere, an evergreen tree sparkling with a variety of colors, and sugar cookie scent surrounding the room. An environment engulfed in the holiday spirit with pure joy and bliss lingering in the air is ideal as everyone awaits Christmas Day. To perfect the mood, hot chocolate is passed around and a holiday classic is played on the flat screen TV. But which holiday classic?

From the Home Alone series, to the Grinch, Christmas Chronicles, and Elf, there are a number of Christmas movies circulating streaming devices.

“It’s hard to pinpoint one Christmas movie as my favorite as there are so many good ones to choose from,” junior Gina Weinstein shared.

A highly beloved film at ILS that truly captures the happiness and laughter that Christmas brings is Elf.

Elf always makes me smile because it is really the best film to feel the season,” junior Lucia Martinez said.

“I absolutely love Elf. It is nostalgic for me to watch since I have been enjoying the film ever since I was younger,” junior Samantha Martinez added.

Aside from the typical, some unusual Christmas movies also experience much appreciation throughout the season from the student body.

SpongeBob Christmas Edition claymation was my childhood. It has become my comfort movie and ultimately one of my favorite movies to watch in the holiday season,” Gina also added.

Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas is an absolute must watch. It is the most perfect Christmas movie,” junior Alina Figueroa stated.

On Netflix, it’s a guarantee to see Hallmark Christmas love stories appear in this time of year. What do the students think of these films? The answer is a mix.

“The Hallmark movies are so unoriginal and boring. I can guess the plot before it happens and they always make me cringe,” junior Natalie Martinez expressed.

“It is something about them being so basic and predictable that I find joy in watching them, and some of them are actually really good, like Holidate,” Gina included.

Ultimately, Christmas movies hold a spot dear to the hearts of ILS’s student body, many of whom deem these films essential to keep the holiday spirit alive. There are a variety of movies to choose from, and all have their special place on the student’s winter nights.

$0
$500