Law Club Field Trip

Law Club took a field trip to the Richard E. Gerstein Justice Building to learn more about the criminal justice system. Students were able to sit in on real court cases, speak to judges and ask questions, and even learned about the daily life of correctional officers.

Marjorie Amaral, Editor

Last Thursday, December 5th, Immaculata-La Salle students that are in the Law Club visited the Richard E. Gerstein Building to learn more about criminal justice system.

Law Club members got the chance to see the different types of cases there are in criminal justice, giving them a better understanding on how the legal system works.

Many students that went on this field trip have now decided what they want study in the future.

“The field trip made me see that law is really what I want to do in my life,” said sophomore Ignacio Gamero. “Being able to talk to Judge Lourdes and hearing what she does just gave me like a gut feeling that that is what I want to do and dedicate the rest of my life to doing.”

Students got to sit and watch different case hearings.

“I got to see how the court house system works and different aspects of criminal law and it was really interesting to like sit in on the different case hearings, and to get a better understanding on how the legal system works,” said sophomore Remy LeMaire. “It was really interesting to me that all the case hearings were different types of criminal law felonies.”

Members of the Law Club also got to speak to judges and ask questions and actually see the holding cells and the jail within the courthouse.

“I was able to see the different types of cases and the different types of steps within the trial that there are and it made it interesting and how the process of it all works and how like overtime,” said sophomore Natalia Quimby. “It works. it’s a long process to get through case and that was interesting to see the different courts that you have to go through such as like bonds, and then the actual trial.”

“It was interesting to see the holding cells and the actual jail of within the courthouse because I’ve never seen an actual jail and how these people actually live.”

Immaculata-La Salle students are always pursued to be the best people they can be in the future.