New Movies Coming To Netflix This December

Olga Cortes, Writer

Be ready for these new movies coming on Netflix! This December many new movies will be coming to Netflix. Here are some of the new movies that made it to Netflix.

First up is “MANK.” “MANK” is a drama made in black-and-white and follows the mind of screenwriter Herman J. Mankiewicz in the 1930s as he struggled to finish his work, “Citizen Kane.” This movie stars Gary Oldman, Lily Collins, Tom Burke, and numerous other stars. “MANK” will be released on Netflix on December 4th, 2020.

Next is “ Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom.” “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom” is a drama that follows the radical blues singer Ma Rainey and her band where they gather at a recording studio to record their album. This movie stars the late Chadwick Boseman and Viola Davis as Levee and Ma Rainey. It will be released on Netflix on December 18th, 2020.

“The Midnight Sky,” is up next! This Netflix Original, sci-fi thriller follows a lonely scientist in the Arctic, where he tries to contact a group of astronauts in which they come home from a curious world disaster.This stars George Clooney, Felicity Jones, Tiffany Boone, and countless other stars. “The Midnight Sky,” will be released on December 23rd, 2020.

Lastly is “The Prom.” “The Prom” is a musical comedy that follows a group of theatre kids as they try to help a classmate bring her girlfriend to the prom. They end up in a small conservative town in Indiana. “ The Prom” stars Nicole Kidman, Meryl Streep, Kevin Chamberlain, and many more stars. It will be released on Netflix on December 4th, 2020.

“I feel like Netflix originals are sometimes entertaining but I usually don’t see them unless it catches my attention,” says ILS sophomore Jasmine Gago.

Hopefully these movies catch your attention and will want you watching more movies! Make sure to look for these movies in December.