More Seniors on Campus!

The class of 2021 gathered together via @immaculatalasalle on Instagram.

Arianne Cendon-Ruisanchez, Editor

On Tuesday, February 16, some seniors began to attend school four days a week instead of only on the days of their respective cohorts.

A survey was sent to parents of seniors that were already attending school twice a week asking if they would send their child to school an additional two days a week (every day except Wednesday). This option was not available to students currently in the virtual-only cohort.

Earlier this month, Sister Kim sent an email to the senior students and parents that indicated they would like to increase the amount of days on campus.

The email was brief, and included information detailing classroom accommodations already in the works and a stern message to seniors regarding Covid safety.

Students and their parents were reminded of the fact that this is a privilege and can be taken away if students aren’t doing their part to keep the school community safe.

Seniors are thrilled to be able to attend school four days a week because they are able to see their friends and teachers more often.

Senior Mary Katherine Stewart thinks all the seniors should choose to go back four days a week because although it’s really nice to sleep in a little longer for Zoom, it’s worth making the most out of the final months of senior year.

“I am happy to go to school with my friends again because it is nice to have a little bit of normalcy in my life and I feel very safe,” said Stewart. “I have been able to reconnect with people I haven’t spoken to in a while.”

It is an exciting time for them to spend their last two full months of classes together before they embark on their new journey.

Senior Charlize Ramos believes that this new option makes her senior year better because a lot of the experience comes from physically being at school and seeing all her friends and teachers.

“I am very happy that I am able to go to school with my friends again because it is our last few months together and I want to make the most of it by spending time with them on campus,” said Ramos. “It makes a great ending to these past four years.”

A lot of time together was lost because of the pandemic, but La Salle is doing everything in their power to make sure seniors have the opportunity to bond with one another by ensuring safe guidelines to follow.

Senior Marjorie Amaral believes this is a great privilege for the senior class and hopes that it stays this way for the remainder of the year.

“I’m happy to go to school with my friends because we have so much fun together,” said Amaral.

It’s important to note that this privilege can be taken away at any given moment if students decide to engage in risk activities outside of school. It’s in the best interest of everyone to stay safe—on and off campus!