A Day in the Life of an LTV Student

Gia Spencer

Studio K is where all LTV programming is broadcast daily.

Victoria Betancourt, Editor in Chief

Sitting in front of a camera and reading from a prompter may seem like fun and games, but in actuality a lot of hard work goes into LTV every single day.

First thing in the morning, I walk into the studio ready to work. We all sit at our assigned computers and work on segments as we wait for anchors, buddies, and a master editor to be assigned. 

Currently, I’m working on a special project with another student from a TV III class. The best part about being a part of LTV is the freedom you get with your creativity. Although you do have to do assignments in class, you’re free to bring your own interests into your segments and even make bigger projects. 

Once assigned a role in class for the week, it’s time to get to work. All the announcements are posted on Showbie for us to review and go over before filming. After a quick look over, we make the magic happen. 

The master editor makes sure to film all anchors and set up the show for that day, while the anchors and their buddies make sure to edit their anchor portion. 

If you don’t get assigned either, you get to work on segments all week, which is why there is always someone walking around trying to film something for the show. Even though not all of it is aired, the classes make dozens of segments and put all their effort into it. 

If you’re ever curious about taking this class, I wouldn’t hesitate to do so. You definitely will have a royal time.