Faith During the Christmas Season

At+ILS%2C+you+will+find+a+decorated+stable+in+front+of+the+cafeteria+to+remind+the+students+and+faculty+to+prepare+themselves+for+the+birth+of+Jesus+Christ.+

At ILS, you will find a decorated stable in front of the cafeteria to remind the students and faculty to prepare themselves for the birth of Jesus Christ.

Alina Figueroa, Writer

Christmas is almost here!

Christmas is the season when people come together, but what is the importance of your faith during Christmas?

On Christmas Eve, baby Jesus was born. Jesus is our savior. He came to save us from sin and He was sent from our Father.

Mary and Joseph, on December 24, traveled to Bethlehem. When Mary said that baby Jesus was going to be born that night, they went around the city looking for space, but there was not one available room. Finally, they got to one home where they told Mary and Joseph they could stay at their stable. Mary and Joseph decided that the stable was the best option, and stayed there. They settled in and Mary prepared herself to give birth. At 12 am, on December 25, Jesus was born. A star shone to let everyone know that our Lord was born.

Jesus’ birth in a stable teaches us to be humble and that we don’t need everything to be able to be happy. We need just enough to be able to happy and be loved by God. We celebrate Christmas because it was when our Savior was born. We celebrate that he came to save all of us from sin and open the doors to eternal life.

“Faith is important during the Christmas season because it reminds me to get closer to God and how much Jesus sacrificed to be able to save us from sin and open the doors to heaven,” explained sophomore Isabella Estrada.

During this time of the year, everyone is grateful for what they have and reminded to thank God for their wonderful blessings.

“During the Christmas season, you feel all the love that everyone else is giving to the world, and it reminds us of how Jesus loves you and how he was born and resurrected for all of us,” explained sophomore Roxanna Acosta.

ILS features an Advent Crown in the main building to remind everyone to prepare for Jesus’ birth.