The La Salle Plague is Almost Over

Isabella Alzati made a visit to the hospital due to the sickness.
Isabella Alzati

As the month of October swings by with the sense of fall coming into its fullest, a feeling of anticipation fills the air at Immaculata-La Salle. The hallways echoe with the chatter of students and faculty, all looking forward to having an amazing week, just as Homecoming Week had just wrapped. Around the same time something no one looks forward to appears as well: the La Salle plague, leaving students and even faculty to have to miss many days of school as they recover.. 

Every year the La Salle plague never fails to make its appearance on campus. It is something everyone expects coming their way. Here are some students thoughts and feelings about the plague this year:

Junior Amelie Terry stated, “I got sick due to one of my friends passing it along to me after seeing her at Homecoming which caused me to be absent from school for a full week, leaving me feeling fatigued.”

“I suffered a really bad cough. My nose was extremely stuffed up at night, I had migraines, my body went through heat strokes making me sweat, had a lot of body aches, and it made me feel extremely weak,” said ssenior Nicole Gonzalez.

Senior Emilie Reyes stated, “I got sick after Homecoming and wasn’t able to come to school for a week because my cough was contagious. I missed every assignment for every single one of my classes and once I came back, I had to make them all up, when I wasn’t ready for that.” 

As the annual sickness made its way through the school, its grip it had on everyone began to loosen. Students were reunited, hallways became hectic with students, and laughter filled the air once again. With each passing year, the community grew stronger, ensuring that they could face whatever challenges the future held, together.

$0
$500