Just Ask Mr. Wexler

Mr. Wexler on homecoming week living it up with Gabby Chong and Vicki Harding
Victoria Harding

He waltzes in, with a grin upon his face, to the front of the class, reviews the agenda for the day, and then begins with the usual, “Let’s rock and roll, people.” This is how Mr. Stanley Wexler, a veritable gem at ILS, starts each class.

So, what is actually up with Mr. Wexler? Let’s find out.

Dear Mr. Wex: What is the biggest financial mistake you can make?

Mr. Wexler wakes up early every morning and arrives at ILS at the crack of dawn. (Miguel Suarez-Cabal)

“Not learning from your mistakes,” he said.

To go into greater detail, he means that these problems arise from not understanding business management, finance, and accounting.

Wexler’s word: I’m 18 with a high school diploma, and I don’t know what to focus on.
“The high school diploma is useless unless you get the knowledge to use it correctly, to further describe ‘correctly’ I mean you must actually learn from the 12 years you spent in school, and prove that you have got something of substance from it,” he explained.

This does not only occur with a high school diploma, but with all degrees, according to Mr. Wexler.

Dear Mr. Wexler, how should a freshman set themselves up for success?
“Freshmen have to start coming to school because they want to,” he asserted. “If a freshman does not want to learn, he or she won’t learn anything at all,” he elaborated.

Wexler’s advice: Many persons of your generation feel that people of Gen-Z and Gen Alpha are ill-equipped to face adversity. What can we do to prepare for any challenges we may have to face?

My generation doesn’t know what they are doing either if that makes you feel better, but there will be nonsense behind every generation. The secret to adversity is understanding how to stay motivated. The problem with students regarding motivation is that they don’t have any real life experience. When they get that, they will achieve their motivation.

— Stanley Wexler

Wex facts:

Mr. Wexler loves his travels. H has visited places around the world with his preferred temperature being mainly colder ones and has done so via cruising as well as flying.

Mr. Wexler grew up in Florida. His first big success story was before he had even hit the double digits. Young Mr. Wexler mowed lawns for only five dollars a yard. He had the fives changed to singles and put them in shoeboxes. When he had saved enough money ($14,000!) he bought his first stock. Paving his way to his success, he really made lawn mowing a crazy side hustle, and so can you.

$0
$500