Junior Nahia Riveros holds the runner up trophy for the district championships in Track and Field.
Sports Flash for May
Nick Fernandez and Luna FernandezMay 16, 2024
The thirteenth birthday creole cake, using chocolate peanut butter frosting, for writer Miguel Suarez-Cabals birthday.
Creole Cake Chaos
Miguel Suarez-Cabal, Feature and News Editor • May 16, 2024
Sophomore Ernie Losada and junior Miguel Suarez-Cabal study for their exams weeks ahead of them to prevent cramming.
How to Study Effectively for Finals
Valentina Lanza, Opinion and Podcast Editor • May 16, 2024
The seniors celebrated their last ever Homecoming together, creating a bittersweet memory they will cherish.
Goodbye, Seniors
Ernesto Losada, Writer • May 16, 2024
The cultural elements and nature visible all around the ILS campus remind just how valuable it is to travel.  Photo Collage: Ella Baker
Traveling is Essential
Ella Baker, Writer • May 16, 2024

Gazing Beyond: Finding Inspiration in the Endless Cosmos

Exploring the Mysteries of the Universe from Stardust to Infinite Wonder
Jasmine Rassi
This image captures a brief glimpse of Earth’s moon.

In the endless cosmos, where stars twinkle like celestial fireflies and planets dance in silent orbits, there is inspiration.

For millions of years, men and women, looking into the night sky with countless numbers of celestial bodies, have felt immense awe combined with contemplation.

As they observed the beauty of stars and planets, there was an immense sense of wonder that came with stargazing, as if there were some sort of shared experience with something beyond their own existence.

Every celestial body offers fascination and meaning. From the far stars’ fiery and glow, to the calm elegance of the planet neighbors, they all tell a story about the cosmic experience.

Stars are like beacons guiding us through the darkness

— Lara Carmona

Not only does it captivate with their beauty, but it is also the very role of theirs in the epitome of existence life.

“We are actually made of stardust,” said senior Talia Lebardous—prophesying that humanity is one with the cosmos. Truly, man is made up of atoms that were formed within the nuclear forges of long-dead stars.

Amidst it all, there seems an equal sense of humbling smallness.

“We are specks of dust in the great expanse of space,” said junior Mia Suarez.

In the grand cosmos, humankind is not even something to be talked about, but a sense of wonder does rise, and the curiosity to explore the mysteries.

To look at the stars is to strive for eternity itself, for in stars and planets can be found all that beauty, wonder, and a reflection of endless aspirations.

$0
$500