The Student News Site of Immaculata-La Salle High School

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Junior Nahia Riveros holds the runner up trophy for the district championships in Track and Field.
Sports Flash for May
Nick Fernandez and Luna FernandezMay 16, 2024
The thirteenth birthday creole cake, using chocolate peanut butter frosting, for writer Miguel Suarez-Cabals birthday.
Creole Cake Chaos
Miguel Suarez-Cabal, Feature and News Editor • May 16, 2024
Sophomore Ernie Losada and junior Miguel Suarez-Cabal study for their exams weeks ahead of them to prevent cramming.
How to Study Effectively for Finals
Valentina Lanza, Opinion and Podcast Editor • May 16, 2024
The seniors celebrated their last ever Homecoming together, creating a bittersweet memory they will cherish.
Goodbye, Seniors
Ernesto Losada, Writer • May 16, 2024
The cultural elements and nature visible all around the ILS campus remind just how valuable it is to travel.  Photo Collage: Ella Baker
Traveling is Essential
Ella Baker, Writer • May 16, 2024

Met Gala 2024: Red Carpet Recap

Close Look at Most Important Night of the Year for Fashion
Met+Gala+2024+
Lucia Salazar
Met Gala 2024

It’s that time of year again (my personal favorite)… Met Gala! This year’s theme was “Sleeping Beauties: Reawakening Fashion,” and the dress code was “The Garden of Time.” It’s time for us to reach inside and release our inner fashion critique, so let’s take a look…

Starting strong, the Met Gala co-chairs were killing it on the carpet. Zendaya, of course, stole the spotlight with two different looks. One was a custom Margiela look, and the other was a vintage Givenchy dress from the house’s spring 1996 collection. Junior Mia Suarez was not surprised when seeing Zendaya’s looks; “She’s always been a fashion icon at every event; I expected no less, especially as a co-chair of the Met Gala.” The other co-chairs, Jennifer López, opted for a sparkling Schiaparelli look, while Bad Bunny wore a sculptural Margiela suit and Chris Hemsworth, a sleek Tom Ford.

Jennifer López and Zendaya pose for photos after the Met Gala red carpet (Getty Images)

This year, everybody brought out their best florals to go with the theme of the Garden of Time. But only some managed to make an impression. Some of these stars were Gigi Hadid in a Thom Browne floral ballgown and Nicki Minaj in a dress whose colors resembled brush strokes with hand-painted metal flowers.

Gigi Hadid on the red carpet (Getty Images)

Standing out from all the florals were moments like Tyla’s sand-sculpted Balmain gown, Lana Del Rey and her antler-like headpiece from Alexander McQueen, and Doja Cat, who said, “I knew that people were going to use flowers, but my flower of choice is the most used, and it’s cotton.” So, she walked down the carpet in a long white T-shirt, which we later found out was drenched in hair gel so it could mold to her body. Senior Mia Huidobro says, “Doja’s outfit was inappropriate for the Met Gala. The whole point is to go all out in the craziest outfits, but she just walked down the carpet in a t-shirt. I wasn’t a fan of it.”

Lana del Rey attends the 2024 Met Gala (Getty Images)

Senior Alana Salazar is a massive fan of all things fashion and says, “My favorite look was Camilla Cabello’s. I loved the purse idea; it was very interesting.” Singer Camilla Cabello leaned into the decaying glamour theme with a shredded chain mail mermaid dress and a purse made from a block of ice with a bronze-hued rose while the ice melted in her hands.

Fashion influencer Wisdom Kaye showed up in a red flower Robert Wun ensemble that gave the image that a blowtorch has burned its edges, which leaned into the theme of bloom and decay,

The stars who followed the theme gave us “Midsummer Night’s Dream vibes, from the florals and crazy headpieces to everything we loved. So many great looks will definitely go down in fashion history. What was your favorite?

$0
$500