Junior Nahia Riveros holds the runner up trophy for the district championships in Track and Field.
Sports Flash for May
Nick Fernandez and Luna FernandezMay 16, 2024
The thirteenth birthday creole cake, using chocolate peanut butter frosting, for writer Miguel Suarez-Cabals birthday.
Creole Cake Chaos
Miguel Suarez-Cabal, Feature and News Editor • May 16, 2024
Sophomore Ernie Losada and junior Miguel Suarez-Cabal study for their exams weeks ahead of them to prevent cramming.
How to Study Effectively for Finals
Valentina Lanza, Opinion and Podcast Editor • May 16, 2024
The seniors celebrated their last ever Homecoming together, creating a bittersweet memory they will cherish.
Goodbye, Seniors
Ernesto Losada, Writer • May 16, 2024
The cultural elements and nature visible all around the ILS campus remind just how valuable it is to travel.  Photo Collage: Ella Baker
Traveling is Essential
Ella Baker, Writer • May 16, 2024

Slime is Back!

Lucia Salazar
Junior Mia Suarez, senior Daniela Aguila, and others, make bubbles out of their giant slime combination.

Slime is back, and it’s bringing a touch of nostalgia along with it! If you were around during the slime craze of 2015, you probably remember the colorful concoction that was in everyone’s hands—and likely got banned from your middle school at one point or another. Fast-forward to 2024, and this gooey, squishy trend is making a triumphant return. However, this time, it seems we’ve forgotten the bowls!

If you’ve been scrolling through TikTok lately, you’ve probably seen videos of people mixing slime directly on tables or floors. Everyone is hopping back on the trend, and we love it. The revival of slime-making has also brought back the phenomenon of slime shops. These innovative creators craft unique blends with various additives and sell them online, making them easily accessible for enthusiasts of all ages.

Some different variations of slime (Lucia Salazar)

Junior Mia Suarez happily admits, “I’ve been a victim of buying slime off Etsy, and I do not regret it. They’re so fun to play with, and they’re well-made. I’m addicted!”

This slime renaissance reflects all of our desires to relive simpler times and indulge in childlike fun.

“I think it’s sort of comforting to do silly things like making slime because it makes me feel like a little kid again,” senior Fernanda Ponce reflected.

Echoing this sentiment, senior Alana Salazar said, “Slime is like a stress reliever for me; it brings me joy, and I feel like a creative little kid when I make it.”

I think it’s sort of comforting to do silly things like making slime because it makes me feel like a little kid”

— Fernanda Ponce

Feeling inspired? Here’s a quick guide to making your slime:

1. Step One: Start by pouring two bottles of glue onto a clean surface.
2. Step Two:: Add an activator of your choice—detergent, contact solution, borax, or Elmer’s Slime Activator.
3. Step Three: Blend the glue and activator until the mixture forms a blob.
4. Step Four: Add shaving cream for fluffiness and lotion for extra stretchiness.
5. Step Five:  Incorporate fun additives like foam beads, glitter, food coloring, or clay.

$0
$500