The Student News Site of Immaculata-La Salle High School

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

An Elmer’s glue stick rests on a ledge in it natural habitat, a school campus.
Elmer's Glue Started with Dairy
Eva de la Torre, Writer • April 18, 2024
This rendering of Dune Part Two character as played by actor Timothee Chalamet reveals a bit of the mystery behind the character. Illustration: Ernesto Losada
Dune: The New Star Wars
Ernesto Losada, Writer • April 18, 2024

Sage Dining Strikes Again

A Tribute to Sage
Sage Dining at the ILS cafeteria does not just serve cheese pizza often providing a number of interesting combinations featuring ingredients such as onions, basil, chicken, olives, feta, and much more. Photo Credit: Trip Advisor
Trip Advisor

What do you consider the best lunchtime fare at ILS? An age-old debate, every student and faculty member has a different opinion on what he or she thinks that is. Some might say it is the grilled cheese and tomato soup, or the mac n’ cheese, or even the sweet and sour chicken nuggets with jasmine sticky rice. Sage Dining generously offers everyone a huge variety of food every day, with lots of new things to try and some food that remind of grandmother’s home-cooked meals. 

“For me? I have to say, the grilled cheese and tomato soup. It is just so warm and homey. Like something that you eat when you are at home watching movies and it’s raining outside. Comfy,” said sophomore Lily Blanco. 

As mentioned before the tomato soup and grilled cheese is a huge success and very popular around the school. Students mention how they are craving it in classes, or in simple conversation. The tomato soup tastes fresh and when paired with a stretchy grilled cheese sandwich it’s 1000% times better. 

“Honestly, I just like the pizza in school. I mean the other stuff is great, but the pizza always hits,” said senior Sebastian Debora. 

Some other people at ILS like to keep it simple and stick with the pizza which is a constant with Sage.

“If it ain’t broke, why fix it?” questioned Sebastian.

The pizza has always been good, featuring a crunchy crust, flavorful cheese, and savory tomato sauce hitting just the right spot. 

“I love, love, love the sweet and sour chicken nuggets. It’s so good, I wish we could have it more often, but I also like that we don’t to makes sure it doesn’t get old,” said senior Andrea Celada. 

While sweet and sour chicken nuggets and sticky rice appear as often as many like Andrea would like, it is a much heralded favorite at ILS. Students, even seniors who get let in earlier, race to the front just to have that meal as quickly as they can.

Overall, Sage Dining wonderful variety of meals every single day, and they make sure everyone enjoys eat healthy food which is also delicious.

With its dependable pizza assortment, or the exotic meals of Japanese, Korean, Egyptian, Indian, or Vietnamese origin which happen once in a blue moon, Sage Dining does it all.