A Night to Remember

Senior Prom 2024 
Seniors Valentina Gonzalez,Isabella Brand, Antonella Velasquez, Mia Mena, Daniela Quirós, Miranda Dunbar, and Megan Dominguez pose for pictures before prom begins.
Antonella Velasquez

Whether it was from watching high school musical too many times or scrolling for hours looking for cute dresses on Pinterest, prom has been a very anticipated night.

Alongside many other treasured high school traditions, prom night can be considered one of the most special. With many months and lots of effort, ILS senior Student Government moderators were able to successfully plan and execute a senior prom, Saturday, April 27, at the Marriott Hotel in Brickell.  Administration was hard at work to make sure the event went smoothly and seniors were able to create memories they would carry with them for the rest of their lives. 

“It went so much better than expected. I honestly had a great time and it felt like a celebration of all our hard work this year as seniors,” said senior exec board president, Daniela Quiros.

Under the  dazzling dresses and every colored tie, the dance floor quickly became filled with smiles and laughter as the seniors gathered to celebrate their last school dance. 

Teachers and staff  quickly joined in, making the event that much more special.

Seniors Mariandrea Robelo, Jadilah Fernández, Antonella Velasquez, Mia Mena, Miranda Grande, and Lucia Gonzalez enjoy their time at prom. (Antonella Velasquez)

There was also an available photographer and private Photo Booth that made sure the memories could be print on paper for seniors to hold near their hearts forever. 

The buffet was filled with infinite options for people with every taste bud, unlimited desserts  and deliciously fruity mocktails. 

“I liked that the event had multiple spaces to hangout. There was the event room with the dance floor and all the dinner tables, and then across the hall, there was a cool place for us to play foosball and bowling,” said senior Mia Mena. 

Once the clock hit 10:30 pm,  all the heel-ridden feet began to ache but quickly alleviated when, to every girl’s surprise, there were pairs of slippers gifted to every female guest to be able to dance without any pain or discomfort.

Immaculata-La Salle students gather before prom to take memorable pictures of the upcoming night. (Antonella Velasquez)

“I took my slippers home; they were so comfortable. I’m glad I was able to keep them as another memory of the night. With the pictures of our senior year memories playing in the big screen as we danced, it really hit me that we will be graduating soon and I think it made the event that much better because we all collectively wanted to hold on to it forever,” said senior Isabella Brand.

After lots of dancing, eating, more dancing, and more eating, the time to crown a king and a queen had finally arrived. After lots of suspense and tension, Nicolas Pacheco was crowned king and Victoria Harding was crowned queen. 

At 11:30 pm, the doors finally reopened and while all seniors exited their last dance with nostalgia and pure happiness in their hearts, they were able to hold memories in their hands and leave the 2024 senior prom more united than ever. 

$0
$500