Spring Self-Care

Spring Self-Care

Lia Sarria, Writer

The Spring time can be a very stressful time for the skin and mental health but there are many ways that can solve those problems.

Most people skin is not ready for this heat prior to having somewhat cool weather. What happens is our skin takes a little while to accommodate to the temperature change.

The most important thing to be putting on your skin is sunscreen. Any part of your body that will be exposed to the sun needs to have some type of sunscreen. The amount of sunscreen also depends of how high the sun’s UV index is that specific day.

Depending on what type of skin you have most people get more oily during the spring because of heat and sweat. There are oil blotting sheets that come in small packets that you can bring to school and use when your skin is feeling gross.

Another big thing is eye cream. Have some type of eye cream to prevent fine lines under the eye. Fine lines can come up from squinting while being outside because it is so sunny.

Most people tend to be more active during the spring time leaving them more tired. Having a regular sleep schedule is important for your mental and physical health.

A lot of people think eating right and working out only changes your physical health, but it can have a big change on how you feel mentally. Being healthy tends to make people more happy in the long run.

As busy as everyone may be during this season, it’s very important to have some relaxation time. It can be one Saturday or a whole weekend it’s up to you as long as there is relaxing involved. Make sure to surround yourself with people who bring you up and positive thoughts because without that the school year can be very tough.

Spring self-care is very important and should come before anything a student does because if your not mentally healthy everything will seem a lot harder than it actually is.