ILS Seniors take the ACT on Campus

Noor Andre, Editor

All seniors took an official ACT at school on Tuesday, October 20th. Social distance and safety protocols were put in place. Seniors were also the only students on campus.

All students and staff were required to wear a mask at all times. All students had their health screens ready and got their temperatures checked before getting out of the car. 

As per the Archdiocese, the ACT is the required culminating measure in order to receive a diploma from an Archdiocesan Secondary School. If a  senior was unable to sit for the ACT, he/she will have to do so with the Juniors in the Spring or submit an ACT score report.  

Even though many colleges have gone test optional, all the Florida Public institutions and Bright Futures still require a test. Assistant principle, Miss Serratore advised the seniors that it was in their benefit to take the test. 

“Since Florida hasn’t gone fully test optional, I was very stressed about finding a date and place to take the ACT. I was very glad when I found out ILS was going to be administering it,” said senior Veronica Eulate. 

The seniors reported to their Testing Room by 7:45 am in complete uniform. Late students were not able to take the test and makeups are not available for this exam.

Students who had not yet received a plastic/clear bag received one when they came and will have it for future use. The test finished approximately at 1:00 p.m. Following the test, seniors got to pick up their yearbooks and go home.