Here’s Your Chance to Be a Part of a Feature Film

Here is your chance to catch ILS alumna, Yennifer Behrens, on the big screen.

ILS students, faculty, and staff are invited to attend a movie featuring class of ’89 alumna, Yeniffer Behrens. In the film, America’s Family, she plays an ICE agent, and her real-life husband portrays the father of the family being affected by immigration laws. During her time at ILS, she was co-captain of the Varsity Cheerleading team, and Vice President of the first Drama Club created her senior year. You can learn more about her by clicking this link:

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0067083/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Ms. Behrens has a project for March 2023 which is open to ILS students.

“I would love to invite all drama students to audition and intern on set for a day or two as part of our Shortcut2Hollywood academy in Los Ángeles. It my mission to make a difference one film at a time and one student at a time,” she said.

She is set to direct her first feature film based on true events that she overcame  in Miami as a young girl after winning Miss Teen Miami in 1989, having tragedy touch her family, and putting her dreams on hold to take care of her siblings.

“I will be in Miami at the beginning mid February to April for pre-production of our next feature film, Her Choices, based on Miss Teen Miami 1989,” she explained.

Ms. Behrens would love to involve all Drama Department students to be part of the film, and as such is offering them an opportunity to audition and interview for an internship, acting, production assisting, and more.

She has stayed close to as she refers it, “our amazing and loved alma mater,” having served last year as one of the judges for the Chasing the Light competition.